Powers and Seraphim, lend me your wings,
Wrap your breath round my anger and silently sing
To heal my wasting heart.
Uriel, Remiel, still your swift swords!
I belong to redemption, and Merciful Lord-
Yet justice claims its part.
I came home from yesterday only to find
That tomorrow's half-over in my fractured mind-
I never thought it strange.
The sparks in my life which have constantly lit
My thin path, just as fireflies, flicker and flit-
I am a child of change.
The bitterness in me is noxious as tar-
I tear and I claw and just end up with scars,
And still the hate clings on.
I never was meant to be drowning in sin,
Yet nobody knows, for it's all from within-
A gnawing Satan spawn.
I'm all inconsistency, shadow and mist,
When my sparks flicker on, my soul cannot resist
To follow in their wake.
If names still had power, each day mine would shift-
Born each day a new person, hope-bright and adrift
In time's unending lake.
I want to be solid, I'm born to be pure,
I've got to be strong and yet my only cure
Is my rebirth at dawn.
Tonight I'm regretful, tonight I'm ashamed,
Tonight Jesus, Help Me! is what I'd be named,
but
tomorrow
I'll
be
gone.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
I'll Be Gone
Posted by Danielle at 11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment