BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Out of Tune

Half asleep, and far away.
Oh so deep, I long to stay.
This flow is where I once belonged,
Within the sweet accord of song.
In my dreams the music plays.

Once dancing to a silent beat,
I was renewed and full, complete.
Standing on the trech’rous edge,
I planted down my feet and pledged
Never to admit defeat.

Now where is that melody?
Growing dismal, I can’t see
Why my life is out of tune.
While around me notes are strewn,
I long to feel my harmony.

Now day breaks not quite so bright.
My frail wings take half-hearted flights.
A cloud lies heavy on my soul.
Where is the beat that made me whole?
I yearn to touch celestial light.

I cannot find my flawless chord
Within this mind that once adored
The rhythm and the rushing tones,
Life’s song immersing heart and bones.
Now I live perplexed and bored.

My Lord, please don’t abandon me.
A sword of truth my safeguard be.
Grant me shields of angel’s wings,
So that my heart can once more sing
Without the dark uncertainty.

Once Your love within me welled.
Above all others, You compelled
Me to Your purity and grace,
Once more please let me see Your face.
You are the music I once held.

I need You more than I can say,
Be freed within me, this I pray.
Consume all that I am, for then
I just might be complete again.
Life’s music lies within Your way.

0 comments: